TurboTax Premier 2018 Ease Of Use
TurboTax has also added a Tax Reform Center with a number of helpful and well-written articles covering the most common aspects of the taxes reform bill that is going into effect for the 2018 tax year, such as changes to the standard deduction, home mortgage and state/local tax deductions, tax rates and brackets, family issues, changes for self-employed people, and more.
However, the features that I appreciate most about TurboTax Premier 2018 are the easy import options. You can import W-2 forms using a photo application, and TurboTax connects with a variety of banks and investment institutions to import your 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms.
Self-employed people or landlords who use QuickBooks to run their business will appreciate the ease with which they can import income and expenses for their business.
However, TurboTax has an impressive community of users who answer some surprisingly complex questions. If you ever Google a tax question, TurboTax’s community likely comes up as a top answer.
Once again, TurboTax is well ahead of the curve when it comes to ease of use. The navigation keeps most users from becoming confused, and they have built in definitions to help clarify murky sections of the tax code. TurboTax makes their software easy to use by keeping the language at an eighth-grade level.
One feature that has historically separated TurboTax from the pack is the unprecedented access to tax and product advice for all paying customers.
To receive this kind of help you need to pay $80 extra (on top of whatever product you are already purchasing) for TurboTaxLive. If you do pay for this service, you’ll be able to speak to a tax specialist onscreen through video interface, which I’ll admit is a pretty cool upgrade over talking to someone on the phone!
Unfortunately, TurboTax no longer offers live guidance to all its clients. TurboTax Premier 2018 allows all users to submit queries to the TurboTax forums, but you have to pay extra to get one-on-one product help from a TurboTax Premier 2018 specialist.
TurboTax Premier 2018 Knowledge Base
TurboTax’s knowledge articles are very focused on how to enter information in the software system. These are important and well-written articles, but they lack some of the depth that other top software companies provide.
Get your taxes done right with TurboTax
TurboTax Premier is recommended if any of the following apply:
- You sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or options for an employee stock plan
- You own rental property
- You are the beneficiary of an estate or trust (received a K-1 form)
TurboTax is tailored to your unique situation – it will search for the deductions and credits you deserve, so you’re confident you’ll get your maximum refund.
- TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and double checks your return to handle even the toughest tax situations
- As a returning customer, TurboTax will automatically transfer last year’s data to help ensure accuracy and save you time
- Up-to-date with the latest tax laws—so you can be confident your taxes will be done right
- Help along the way – free U.S based product support Your information is safeguarded – TurboTax uses encryption technology, so your tax data is protected while it’s e-filed to IRS and state agencies
TurboTax Premier 2018